Thursday, March 26, 2009

Web Sites Hosting & How To Avoid My $20,000 Mistake

Once one of my web sites hosting companies deleted files when I was working madly for a deadline to launch for an upcoming holiday, to my horror 3 days before launch I typed in the address to the site I had spent the last 2 weeks working 24/7 on and got a page not found message.

I stared in disbelief at the 404 error page, then quickly looked for contact info of my web sites hosting company and could only find an email address. This was something I hadn’t thought of previously. I shot off an email and waited patiently.

The next day I received an email asking for my log in info which I immediately sent back. I patiently waited and received a reply the next day saying they were working on the problem and would notify me.

Now this has been 4 days since I first had the problem, so obviously my launch was off. The holiday I was launching for was coming up in a couple of days and I still needed to complete adding content to the site.

The next day they sent an email saying it was fixed with no explanation. I missed my entire launch so the entire month was wasted.

Incredibly the next day I received my usual $19.97 bill with no extension or any explanation.

I now only use web sites hosting
companies that provide 24/7 telephone support with people that can actually answer questions and solve technical problems over the phone.

Another important thing to consider on web sites hosting
is the uptime, if your site is not up, then your not making money.

This was an incredibly expensive mistake that could have been avoided with proper investigation of the company I chose for my web sites hosting.

Sherrie Chastain
Internet Marketing Consultant
Domain Names to Buy

Singer Island, Florida 33404